Cisco Crosswork Cloud Service - Site Reliability Engineer in San Jose, California
Crosswork Cloud Service - Site Reliability Engineer
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Big Data, Analytics
Job Id 1230738
You will work on Cisco Crosswork Network Insights, a cloud-based service providing rich analysis of routing and network data, designed to significantly reduce the mean time to repair of networking issues.
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will design, build out, and maintain a highly available multi-tenant production cloud service.
What we're looking for:
· 8+ years of SRE/infrastructure experience
· Comfortable working with new technologies
· Experience with Unix/Linux systems, with experience working with the shell, the kernel, system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
· Experience with network concepts (IPv4/6, TCP/IP, load balancing, etc) and common Internet protocols (http, https, dns, ftp etc.).
· Experience with configuration management systems
· Experience with containers at large scale
· Experience with databases and performance tuning
· Experience with distributed systems and highly scalable systems
The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills, believe that automation is a key component to operating a production cloud service, display an ability to spot long-term trends in a production web environment, and make certain that services are always available. The candidate must be able to clearly articulate problems and solutions to engineering or non-engineering stakeholders and use strong troubleshooting and analysis skills to deep-dive into a problem and drive it to a satisfactory technical and business resolution.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.