Cisco 1232501 - Linux Admin/Network Application Support Engineer in RTP, North Carolina
1232501 - Linux Admin/Network Application Support Engineer
Location: RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of Interest Customer Experience
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1232501
The CMS Platform Operations team manages the CMS platforms and key goal is to maintain the uptime of the platforms. CMS Platforms enable monitoring of the customer networks and Platform Operations team primary helps Delivery teams by enabling access to the platforms and resolving incidents that impacts Delivery engineer's ability to effectively carry out day to day operations in the platform.
As part of the CMS Platform Support Teams you will support the monitoring platforms to produce business critical functionality to Business Stakeholders and customers. You will be expected to:
· Good troubleshooting and Communication Skills.
· Should have relevant experience on Linux
· Server Support and ticketing tools.
· Should have good knowledge in Linux
· Troubleshooting of Linux bases Application issues
· Have to troubleshoot the pro-active (Major and Critical Only) escalated by Tier-1/2 support
· Have to handle reactive Incidents.
· You should have information all configuration files
· Good Understanding on File system/Mount points
· Carry out standard system changes for remediation of issues
· Support Tier1/2 with issue escalations
· Handling Priority Incidents P1/P2’s
· Communicate with Incident managers, Tier3, Engineering and 3 rd Party teams
Environment is quite complex so resource should be open to learn other technologies as it help them to relate it with other components in the environment.
Who You Are
An In-depth understanding of NMS or Infra/Platform management with excellent knowledge of Linux/OS administration. You should have strong ability to quickly resolve platform availability affecting Incidents. You should have proven experience in dealing with Escalations and customer facing Issues with high ability to work collaboratively and remotely with others to accomplish goals. You are a self-starter who requires little oversight to achieve your goals and meet your objectives. You work well with others and are truly a team player. Customer satisfaction is in your DNA. You are able to see the big picture even when analyzing multiple complex factors under pressure and always keep the customer first to achieve goal of faster restoration for outages.
· Experience working in a 24/7 NOC environment on a Global Scale with Strong understanding of ‘command and control’ procedures
· Technical Background relevant to NMS or IT Infra/platform Management with 5+ year’s relevant experience
· Excellent knowledge of Linux/OS administration
· Hands on Experience in EM7 or similar NMS tools/applications.
· Outstanding customer interaction an communication skills
· Basic Knowledge of ITIL Processes
· Ability to work across cultures and time zones
· Ability to prioritize workload while managing customer commitments.
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Bachelor’s Degree level or equivalent
· 5+ years of relevant experience
· Should have good knowledge in Linux, Windows and basic knowledge in Networks
· Experience on production Linux and WINDOWS servers
· Ability to troubleshoot by investigating logs
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.