Cisco Data Analytics Engineer-Enterprise Operations in Milpitas, California
Data Analytics Engineer-Enterprise Operations
Location: Milpitas, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1248835
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Data Analytics Engineer - Enterprise Networking Group
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Networking (EN) Engineering group develops software across routing, switching, wireless, IOT and network management platforms at Cisco. The EN Operations Team enables business growth by driving strategic- planning, initiative management, business operations, and SDLC process transformation initiatives.
Drive day-to-day operations and deliver on the organizations predictive analytics, business processes and operations deliverables. Manage the planning process for short and long term strategic planning. Manage business processes systems and tools to support the organization. Responsible for tracking of and dashboard reporting about key success metrics. Strategic planning & analysis, complex problem solving.
Role & Responsibilities
· Provide data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics for planning and operations
· Design and develop ingestion and ELT solutions on Hadoop HDFS to process high volume data
· Implement high-volume NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Hbase, Cassandra and deliver analytics solutions using ecosystem components such as Hive, Pig, Sqoop, etc .
· Develop analytics solutions within cloud environment like Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Snowflake, AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Azure.
· BS in Computer Science or related technical degree
· 5+ years of experience in data analytics, and modeling
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in Bigdata, Cloud Computing, and NoSQL technologies like Hive, Sqoop, Elastic, Scala, PIG, Hive, Flume, HBase, Mahout, Spark, etc
· Experience in SQL and exposure to machine learning
· Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, presentation, influencing, coordination/mediation, ability to convey key points of complex topics in a concise manner
· Results oriented with ability to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to complete deliverables on time
Nice to have
· Experience in implementing and configuring Hadoop cluster
· Track record developing technology to enable large scale data transformation
· Strong team work and collaboration skills, with track record of leading or working with cross-functional teams
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.