Cisco Virtual Systems Engineer, Service Provider practice in Madrid, Spain
Virtual Systems Engineer, Service Provider practice
Location: Madrid, Spain
Additional Location(s) Barcelona, Tunis, Prague, Lisbon, Moscow
Area of Interest Sales - Product
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest AI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Job Id 1243258
What You'll Do
Ever wondered what it would be like to immerse yourself in the ocean of major technology disruptions in the world today? What if you could be rewarded for being at the epicenter of helping to drive the sales of one of the largest pioneers of the Internet on our planet?
Imagine having a meeting using Telepresence with your customer who is somewhere around the world and yet you talk the same language: technology. The next day, working from home, you could help your customers achieve results - making their business more productive, improving vital communication systems to help facilitate delivery.
You will design solutions for their business needs by being assigned to a specific architecture focusing on a particular solution/technology area. You will also drive adoption of Cisco solutions to help those customers get the most out of their technology investment.
In the end, the outcome is: help people, connect lives, and change the world – that’s what we do.
Who You'll Work With
As a member of the Service Provider practice in Global Virtual Engineering team within the Global Virtual Sales organization, you will be part of one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales. This is a diverse and motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth.
We serve our customer life-cycle through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions.
We are a dynamic and international team that brings excitement to the sales floor every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better. We will provide you with a platform for success including: coaching, training and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt quickly in response to market changes and we are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
Are you passionate about technology and how it can affect positive change? We look for change-makers able to work in a complex environment, constantly improving things for communities and enterprises by designing technical solutions. You are a clear example of collaboration and put great importance on interpersonal relationships.
Qualified candidate should bring Service Provider industry knowledge, competitive background and years of technology experience to aid in technical selling, explaining features and benefits to customers, partners and designing and configuring products and solutions to meet specific customer needs.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following background skills:
• Ability to communicate at a technical level illustrating the value a Cisco network brings to the customer
• Share technical, professional, and sales skills and knowledge with others.
• Be capable to effectively capture and publish knowledge for the benefit of sharing it through the Knowledge Base.
• Has experience in collaborative work on complex customer related tasks such as RFPs or issue resolution involving multiple Engineers form the same team or across the Cisco.
• Excellent communication and evangelical skills (written and verbal). Be able to explain the benefits of complex technology in easy to understand language. Presentation experience in a lecture style environment is highly desirable
• Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
• Able to adopt and drive a consultative selling process versus a product feature sell
• Promote building trust and social capital (e.g. minimize power differentials, anticipate participant viewpoints / concerns, consider cultural differences, etc.)
• Time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
Our minimum requirements for this role:
· Experience in Service Prodider markets where Cisco competes
· 4-6 year experience as Systems Engineer or equivalent in vendor, Service Provider, Systems Integrator or adjacent industry, start-up or consultancy company
· The love for IT and Telecommunications, ability to tap into technology
· Science, Technology, Economics or Mathematics related major
· Deep knowledge in Cisco Service Provider technologies and our competitors
· Expertise in one or several fields: SP Networking, SP Optics, SP Mobility, SP Managed Services and Automation , etc.
· Basic knowledge on most and deep knowledge in some of the series of Cisco Equipment: Cisco ASR Routers, Cisco Optical Solutions, Cisco NSO .
· Basic knowledge on most and deep knowledge in some of the following solutions: Mobile Backhaul, Packet Core, Network Management and Orchestration, SP Optical, SP Cable, SP Core, Access and Aggregation infrastructure .
· Understands the value of Scripting, Big Data, Analytics, NFV, SDN and Everything as a Service
· Innate curiosity and eagerness to learn; Ease in embracing complexity and a natural team player
· Preferable to have Cisco certifications like CCNP, CCDP, CCIE or other industry certifications
· Must be fluent in English as well as French or German.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#LI - PRIORITY
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.