Cisco Country HR Consultant - Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Country HR Consultant - Malaysia
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Area of Interest Human Resources
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1238508
What You'll Do
As a individual contributor, you will negotiate complex and ambiguous challenges, driving solutions that benefit both the client organization and Cisco at large.
• The Country Consultant can effectively interpret policies to help organizations operate effectively within guidelines.
• Applies knowledge of Cisco's business strategies to proactively anticipate business needs based on industry trends.
• Provides strategic leadership within one's functional area; identify and develop successors.
• Participates with other senior managers to establish corporate strategic plans and objectives; makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures the operations effective achievement of objectives.
• Executes against team plans and looks for ways to improve productivity as well as profitability.
• Maintains focus and a constructive approach during times of change and uncertainty. Handles controversial situations, customer/client negotiations or influences and persuades senior management.
• Helps business understand and execute against function as well as team goals.
• Typically takes the lead in developing complex company policies which not only affect immediate operations, but other functional areas, and potentially affect company-wide operations.
Who you’ll work with
Country Consultant to partner with a Cisco Malaysia and potential the Vietnam organizations and execute the HR strategies, programs, policies and practices that help the business achieve results.
Who You Are
Experience & Skills Needed
• Preferably an MBA, specializing in Human Resources
• Similar experience, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Client facing HR in the IT Industry
• The ideal candidate demonstrates critical thinking, judgment, coaching and influencing skills that converge to create executive presence.
• You communicate effectively in all mediums, especially in stressful situations, and demonstrate a desire to play a critical and integral role in the client organization.
• Able to negotiate, influence and resolve controversial, high-impact human resources issues; may lead human resources strategy discussions and generate plans for implementation in accordance with Cisco objectives; pursue and implement new business opportunities.
Ability to successfully collaborate across different cultural/geographical environment
Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic and fast paced matrix structured organization
Willing to be “Hands–on”, Team Player , Strong communicator
Earns the confidence of others through open communication and respectful behaviors
Experience of the regional labor law is an added advantage
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.