Cisco Product Manager- Next Gen IPS in Fulton, Maryland
Product Manager- Next Gen IPS
Location: Fulton, Maryland, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1249756
Senior Product Manager,NGIPS, Network Advanced Malware
The Business Entity
Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) develops best-in-class content and network security products and leads the market in firewall, intrusion prevention, remote access, and content security technologies.
The team you’ll be joining is in charge of the CiscoFirepower and ASA network securityportfolio. Ciscoisa long-time market leader inthreat andfirewall technologies, and as such has the greatest captive base of customers in the market. It’s a unique opportunity to work with a world-class team in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging one of the largest portfolios of security technologies to create and deliver new offerings. This position is based inFulton, MD.
Who you are
As product manager, you enjoy thinking through what it takes to build a world-class product, you know how to communicate that to engineering, you know how to see it through a successful launch, communicate it to sales and generate market impact and customer adoption. You love technology, and you love the business side of it even more. You may have been an engineer before, but the engineering you do now is in business: you passionately engineer your business and your product’s growth in the market. In this position, you will help run thenetwork securitybusiness by driving the right features in the product you own, take on interesting business projects arising from customer, channel and platform opportunities and challenges. It will be your responsibility that we agree on the right strategy for the role your product plays in the portfolio, as well as that we execute plans for your product so that it delivers on the strategy.
Are you looking for the next challenge to sink your teeth into? We’d love to hear from you.
● Become an expert in your space. Work directly with customers to understand the space your product is in, personas using it and buying it, and ecosystem in which it operates. Conduct market analysis, competitive analysis and translate it to product direction.
● Identify and present innovative and creative product and business solutions that help your business and deliver on our strategy.
● Gather and synthesize requirements to define compelling product. Validate requirements and resulting product features with customers to ensure success.
● Broker and facilitate product decisions cross-functionally.
● Be able to balance business and user needs with technical constraints - discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative approaches, and lead and inspire engineering efforts to meet objectives.
● Design effective GTM strategies, work cross-functionally to have them implemented
● Manage packaging and pricing, from conducting the competitive analysis, through financial modeling all the way through to pricing proposal and approval
● Partner with sales and SE teams for effective introduction of product into the market
● Maintain strong understanding of relevant technologies, contribute as a thought leader in the security industry.
● Produce case studies, white papers, presentations, and other materials to help evangelize the product.
● Solid experience withthreat-relatedsecuritytechnologies and functions, including one or more of:
Web or email security
Threat intelligence/threat research
● Experience with cloud/SAAS applications
● 6+ years of product management experience with successful products/services insecurity, infrastructure, networking or a related software field; 10+ in industry.
● Bachelor’s degree required(Computer science or related specialty preferred), MBA preferred.
● Solid experiencein an Agile development environment.
Other important traits:
● Bias for action
● Strong communication and collaboration skills.
● Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy who can galvanize the team to follow.
● Familiarity with the needs of medium and large enterprise IT/Sec customers and GTM to those segments.
● Experience with pricing
● Experience with new product introduction
● Ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.