Cisco Agile Software Engineer in Chandlers Ford, United Kingdom
Agile Software Engineer
Location: Chandlers Ford, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video
Job Id 1232586
What You'll Do
We are looking for engineers with significant development and integration experience who are capable of performing well within an innovative scaled Agile customer-aligned project to join our team, who will:
● Look for innovative approaches to solving new and existing customer problems.
● Design software to meet customer and internal requirements, defining interfaces to other software services.
● Take responsibility for delivery of User Stories and Features using Agile planning and tracking techniques.
● Contribute to the efficient running of the Scrum team, fully engaging in all Scrum practices and supporting the Scrum Master.
● Contribute to product roadmaps, working with the Product Owner and Product Manager.
● Liaise with other Scrum teams, Product Owner, Product Manager and Systems Architects as appropriate.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco SPVSS Custom Engineering Group develops end-to-end video broadcast systems for Pay TV operators in Europe and the rest of the world. This includes development and integration of Set Top Box (STB) client device software, Broadcast Headend systems and Apps for Companion Devices, for satellite, cable and IP broadcasters, for deployment in medium to large scale broadcast networks. Typical customers have deployed networks of up to 10M receivers across mixed hardware platforms, various delivery media and a combination of both legacy and cutting edge client device platforms.
The Custom Engineering team work collaboratively with leading satellite broadcasters to develop cutting edge software solutions that include the client device (STB) software stack, the Headend software systems and Apps for 3rd-party Companion Devices.
This role will is within the Custom Engineering Team, working on Agile engagements with the customer to identify future business needs, and defining and implementing innovative, class-leading software solutions.
This position is in Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions (SPVSS) business. This business includes a leading portfolio that spans the video delivery value chain with solutions including the Infinite Video Platform, cloud DVR, video processing, video security, video middleware, and services groups. Cisco has announced the sale of its SPVSS business to Permira. We anticipate that this role will transition to Permira with the SPVSS portfolio at close.
Who You Are
● Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering or related subject.
● Excellent knowledge of applying C/C++ in a multitasking embedded environment.
● Use of simulators, compilers and debuggers.
● Real Time Operating Systems.
● Software architecture and design.
● CM systems, especially GIT.
● STB and broadcast headend systems.
● MPEG, DVB, XSI, DSS Digital TV standards.
● Web technologies – HTML5/JS, HTTP REST APIs.
● Scaled Agile / Scrum experience.
● Database technologies, both SQL and noSQL.
● Service Oriented Architectures.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.