Cisco Software Test Engineer - Java, Python with Linux in Bangalore, India
Software Test Engineer - Java, Python with Linux
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1238724
What You'll Do
QA Lead Engineer (Functional and performance testing) to test and certify Cisco DNA C. This position involves coming up with test strategy, writing detailed test plans, execute test cases, development and maintenance of Automation test Frame work to execute functional and scale Use cases, generate results, mail report to extended team. This position also involves analysis of the test results, debug product issues that are related to functional & Performance of various DNA C Micro Services.
DNA C is Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA) Centre is a centralized management application for Your Network. DNA C Simplifies network management so IT can move more quickly Using automation to lower costs, Assurance and analysis to improve network performance and Security to reduce risk. Through programmability, automated network control helps IT rapidly respond to new business opportunities. These technologies are major growth areas for Cisco and provide great opportunities for learning, career development and advancement. In addition to learning about new technologies, you will have opportunity to get hands-on experience working with a variety of Cisco devices and technologies in an environment that promotes learning and innovation
Who You'll Work With
Be part of building next generation Network Analytics and Assurance. CSG provided an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with one of CISCO’s highly talented group of engineers, on exciting and challenging Network Management applications that manage a wide variety of leading edge networking technologies. This team will operate in an Agile development model to rapidly bring a new product offering to Market, reacting very quickly to initial customer feedback and market needs.
Who You Are
Candidate needs to have:
· An Excellent team player and should be flexible to work on any assigned tasks and adjust to changing business priorities and plans
· Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written skills and should communicate status of his/her tasks with the rest of the team on a regular basis
· Independently come up with ideas, and solutions to enhance test setup to expose underlying issues and deliver a Quality product to end customer.
· Can-do attitude and a strong drive to take initiative and complete tasks.
· An excellent problem solver and must be able to come-up with good ideas and solutions to improve product value, quality and processes
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Develop and Maintain Automation FW to test DNA C
· Develop utility scripts in Python to automate various tasks in functional testing
· Define functional and performance test strategy and author detailed test plans covering both white and black box testing
· Design and Setup functional & Performance Lab Setups
. Should have hands-on experience in continuous integration env (ex: Jenkins)
· Work in agile environment to directly work with Developers to debug functional and Performance issues
· Develop Automation (REST, NBI and GUI) code in Java/Python to Load and execute test cases
· Analysis of Automation Results and Debug related issues track them to get resolution from Development team
· Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Excellent analysis and programming skills (java, Python, etc)
· Experience in Linux//Unix Operating System environments
· Excellent knowledge & Proven Experience in Python Scripting
· Excellent domain knowledge & proven experience of web technologies & protocols (Java, HTTP/S, REST,Tom Cat, Websphere, etc)
· Good working experience in Virtualization, Docker Containers and Micro services
· Good working experience of configuration control and build systems and methodologies (clearcase, subversion, ant, maven, etc.
· Experience of Agile development methodologies
· Excellent networking knowledge (CCIE/CCNP/CCNA)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.