Cisco Software Architect - Java/J2ee, Python, SAAS, Cloud Native, AWS, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes (13+ Years) in Bangalore, India
What You'll Do
Cisco Customer Experience Platform Engineering team is looking for a Technical lead Engineer who can help us Design and develop state of art cloud applications development. You will have an understanding of Web based Enterprise systems and the related technology. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with good technical skills to put their abilities to work in an exciting growth environment.
You will work with a team of motivated A-players on the Core platform for CX Cloud Applications (Customer Portal, Partner portal and others) * Execute the platform development to build the core platform components that will help CX applications * Microservice development, Cloudnative development, Building data pipelines (Batch and Streaming) would be part of the platform work * Collaborate with multi-functional teams at different stages of software development. * Promote and cultivate team spirit and culture across the global team built on open communication, teamwork, partnership, trust and integrity. * In still a laser-sharp focus on quality while meeting the release cadence
Who You'll Work With
You’ll be a core member of the Core platform team responsible for building a platform that will host CX applications like Customer portal, Partner portal and others
Maintains a strong interlock with Product management, CX Cloud for Customer, CXCloud for Partner teams, Devops, SaaSOps workstreams.
Who You Are * A Technical lead Platform Engineer with day-to-day responsibility of working with Business CX Applications teams, Program managers and Leads to Architect, design, build and deliver platform capabilities. To do this the Engineer should have required technical skills, deep knowledge of the required area and ability to learn and adapt to the needs of program. With this in mind, an understanding of the right skills, process understanding, and mindset is vital. * We are seeking high energy and experienced applicants who possess the following skills and experience:
- 15+ years of experience in technology industry working in complex environment building platform capabilities on cloud for deploying customer facing applications
- At least 5+ years as a Technical lead
- The individual should possess the Platform thinking as he/she would be part of the Platform development team that will be leveraged by CX applications.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Critical thinking and big picture understanding of how platform should be built and maintained to enable applications scaling, security and resiliency
- Good Interpersonal Communication Skills and you are willing to work with remote team
- Flexible and adaptable: Ability to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Accountability: You are a results-oriented teammate who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes complete ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and project initiatives.
- Efficient and Creative: You should be able to think creatively to find the optimal solution to problems.
Always should be ready to learn new technology, tools and process
Handson experience building SaaS application using Cloudnative technologies
- Experience building High-available, Resilient, Scalable, Performant application deployed on public cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Hands on experience on Java/j2ee, Spring, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices
Hands on experience on Distributed technologies below
- MapReduce principles
- Kafka (MSK)
Apache Hadoop (AWS EMR)
Polyglot persistent Stores
ElasticSearch / Cassandra / MongoDB
Experience with AWS technologies
- Route53 DNS, ACM
- Aurora MySql, Postgres
Hands on experience building REST APIs, Swagger Specs
- Hands on experience on complete CICD tooling (GIT, CICD tools, Security scans)
- Hands on experience in writing Unit test cases, Integration test cases
- Linux shell scripting
Proven experience in Agile environments
Good to have
- Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, Fargate, Stepfunctions
- AWS Cloudwatch, AppDynamics/Jaegar
You have worked in an engineering team and know how to champion an open, visible, encouraging culture.
- You are highly organized and are excellent at following through with dedications.
- You care deeply about product quality and user impact.
- Good communication, presentation and inter-personal skills to recruit and motivate a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Direct experience with Agile Development, CI-CD tools and project tracking tools
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.