Cisco ESCALATION ENGINEER- Fibre Channel, LAN /L2/L3 in Bangalore, India
ESCALATION ENGINEER- Fibre Channel, LAN /L2/L3
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1230171
The DataCenter engineering group continues to lead the industry with our Nexus and MDS portfolios and over $5 billion annual revenue. Our work impacts billions of people everyday: hospitals, stock exchanges, manufacturing, telecom, financials, web providers, and more.
We are looking for energetic, passionate, and eager-to-learn candidates to participate as escalation engineers supporting the network management platform(s) for Cisco’s Data Center Network Management (DCNM) platform. You will be part of a team that supports critical customers, development of software, and final tier escalations. The role allows for significant influence in the usability, interoperability, and quality of Cisco’s Datacenter network management portfolio as well as the platforms that it supports.
* Strong background in one or more of the following: Fibre Channel, LAN and datacenter architecture, implementation, and troubleshooting and the ability to apply extensive expertise in hardware and software. Working knowledge of Network management protocols and applications for Ethernet and Fibre Channel. Knowledge in one or more of: SNMP, SSL, JAVA, Html5, Windows and Linux Operating Systems, and Postgres or Oracle Databases.
* Excellent technical foundations and working knowledge of one or more of the following Cisco platforms: Datacenter Network Manager (DCNM), MDS (storage), and/or Nexus (LAN switching).
* Requires in-depth knowledge of hardware and software architecture and features. Fast paced work is a necessity, including the ability to quickly learn new features from functional specs and design production networks to incorporate new features and hardware.
* Requires ability to interface with critical account customers and to troubleshoot network down situations with confidence. Superior bug finding and testing skills. Ability to solve system wide problems.
* Requires working in a cross functional environment, often being the point of contact that does interfacing with Software Development, critical Customers, Manufacturing, Product and Technical Marketing, account teams, and Customer Support to resolve software, hardware, and design issues.
Requires working in a cross functional environment, connecting and driving Software Development, critical Customers, Manufacturing, Product and Technical Marketing, account teams, and Customer Support to resolve software, hardware, and design issues.
* CCIE - Switching & Routing or CCIE - Datacenter certification is a plus for this position.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.