Cisco Project Manager in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Area of Interest Customer Experience
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1248969
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for end-to-end customer facing medium-large project delivery for the entire project service delivery life cycle. (Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor & Control and Close). Project Managers lead medium-large size projects and may be required to lead small programs too.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Project leadership, ensuring appropriate project planning and that all projects are delivered on time, in budget, and with high levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
• Ensures proper Scope and Change Management processes are adhered to, manages change between customer, partner & account teams.
• Ensures proper project financials management; must understand project financial reports prepared by the project specialist, comment on and provide options for irregularities and ensures a realistic forecast is made and that stakeholders are kept informed as necessary.
• Defines Success Metrics: Identifies and socializes project success metrics to the internal team and to external stakeholders. Evaluates project progress and results against success metrics.
• Assist with engagement scoping and cost modeling
• Baseline Management – Schedule, Cost and quality.
• Assesses Risks: Proactively identifies risks, communicates risks to appropriate stakeholders and develops a risk mitigation strategy and a contingency plan.
• Creation of project plans and oversight of plan timelines
• Oversight of engagement deliverable creation
•Directs and organize project staff including project engineers, vendors, partners or subcontractors.
• Review deliverables prepared by team before providing to the customer
• Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
• Optimize and coordinates interaction between internal, partner and customer resources toward the completion of key services projects and programs
• Business development and management for new customers/markets/services business management role in a large or strategic account or group of customers
Who You'll Work With
This is a great opportunity to join the Global PMO, a high performing Project Management team, responsible for the delivery of a multi-million Dollar combined services program leading Cisco's customers to business, innovation and operational success.
Who You Are
• PMP or PRINCE2 certification or equivalent in addition to 5+ years of experience as a project manager
• Strong project management skills including scheduling, financial reporting, performance reporting, communications, issues/risks/actions management, procurement management and other key PM skillsets
• Strong commitment to business acumen, quality and customer satisfaction
• Fluent command of the English and Dutch language, both oral and written.
• Bachelors degree
• High degree of proficiency in the following software tools: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• PMO governance development, oversight and ownership
• Facilitator, leader and motivator
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence.
• Extensive Program/Project Industry knowledge
• Executive client facing experience
• Demonstrated ability in basic legal contract issues
• Expertise leading large scale multi-technology engagements in a highly complex environment
• An agile certification such as PMI-ACP or Certified Scrum Master are also highly desirable.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.